I wanted to write an article today targeted at the new or struggling network marketer. Today is 12/31/09, and tomorrow brings us to a new year and a new decade. It’s really hard to believe how fast time flies! Will 2010 be your best year financially and emotionally? A year that you will look back on years from now as the year that you finally “broke though”? Your network marketing business finally earned you the type of income that you have been looking for. You were finally able to “figure it out”. The financial stresses of life just washed away.
In this article, I will show you the 10 best home based business marketing strategies that you can implement immediately to skyrocket your business. To begin generating 25- 100 network marketing leads a day, which is a number that you must be able to hit consistently. It is my sincere hope that this article will change a few lives in 2010. Let’s get to it:
1. Learn Attraction Marketing. This is the concept of creating your image to the way you want people to see you. To “brand” your self online as a leader. To separate yourself from you competition. Mike Dillard coined the phrase “attraction marketing” and offers many terrific products to help you implement the strategy. If you learn Attraction Marketing, you will immediately catapult yourself ahead of the majority of your competition. This is not an optional strategy.
2. Create A Blog. Creating your own blog goes hand-in-hand with the principals of Attraction Marketing. Of creating your online persona. I recommend a wordpress blog…there are plenty of free themes like mine and you can also purchase some very cool themes. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you self-host your blog. Buy a domain (ideally a domain with your name in it to help brand YOU) and pay for hosting with a hosting company. This is very inexpensive. You do not want a free blog hosted by WordPress or Blogger. The free sites will limit your ability to advertise your business(es) and could shut you down for spamming. You don’t want to put in a ton of work on your blog, only to have it shut down and have to start over.
3. Make Your Blog SEO Friendly. This is very important, while setting up your blog. I’m still learning little tips and strategies for helping your search-engine friendliness. There’s tons of information on this topic and most of it is free. One tip that I did not know until I got up and going is to purchase your domain name for more than 1 year. You will have an option to purchase longer terms at a discount when you first purchase your domain. Google likes domains that do not expire in 1 year or less.
4. Article Marketing. This is a great inexpensive marketing strategy that will generate you tons of free leads, if done correctly. It takes time to build it up so that you get enough traffic to your site. Be consistent. Build it and they will come! It does you no good if you create the coolest blog on the planet but nobody but you ever sees it! There are tools that allow you to upload your articles to social networks and article directories in minutes. Some can be found for free as well.
5. Buid A List. Nothing is more important. You need to build your own list. There are many different ways to do this and this is the key step that most people do not do effectively in my opinion. It took me a while to figure out. Those who know me know that I love MLM Lead System Pro. It’s the most system for building your own list that I’ve found.
6. Get an Auto-Responder Account. I use AWeber but there are a few different and well thought of auto-responders on the market. An auto-responder allows your prospects to “opt-in” to your offer (so it’s SPAM free) and get on your email list. The auto-responder will then follow-up with your prospects via emails that, over time, will improve your conversion rates. They say that a person needs to see an online offer at least 7 times before they buy. Keeping your name and product in front of them will do that for you…on auto-pilot.
7. Email Marketing. Email marketing is the most effective, as well as cost effective, form of online marketing. It enables you to get your message in front of thousands of targeted prospects in minutes. Join listbuilders such as Viral URL and Viral Hosts, and Safelists such as Herculist and List Volta, and Ad Exchanges. Many let you email for free by clicking on emails to earn mail credits. I recommend upgrading in the list builders and safelists if you can afford it. You get a much bigger bang for your buck and you won’t have to click on emails to earn credits.
8. Social Networks. You will want to be in places where you can be seen, to help you to build your reputation online as a leader. At a bare minimum, you need to have a business Facebook account and a Twitter account. There’s a ton of training on how to effectively manage these types of accounts and generate network marketing leads from them. There are plenty of other social networks and forums out there as well. They key with these, as with any of your marketing efforts, is to be consistent. They take time to build them to where they’ll be effective marketing strategies for you. Just keep at it.
9. Video Marketing. Admittedly, this is where I have dropped the ball and this is my main area of focus going into the new year. Video is huge and Google loves video. Creating videos are a great way to get top search engine placement. While I am more drawn in to written ads personally, conversion rates tell me that video works better.
10. Never Stop Learning. This is where you can really separate yourself from your competition. Most adults stop seeking education. What they know is what they know. Network Marketing and online marketing is a dynamic business. Again, I use MLM Lead System Pro for my one-stop online marketing college. The back-office contains every cutting edge strategy that you need to know to be successful online. There are many sources of education online…some better than others. When you buy an e-book or e-course, or sign up for MLM Lead System Pro…I urge you to read the material and watch the webinars and finish the course. This simple step will catapult you ahead of 95% of your competition.
I hope this list of 10 best home based business strategies for 2010 helps you. Especially, the new marketer just embarking on this exciting and rewarding journey! Please contact me with any questions or comments and make 2010 a great year.